Please enjoy these videos about Havelock by the the local historian, Jim McKee:
- Havelock Public Library 1907:
- A .G. Hebb Motors manufactured Patriot trucks in Havelock, Nebraska, from 1918 to 1924.
- Arrow Aircraft & Motors Corp:
- Nebraska Governor Victor Emanuel Anderson:
- Major-General Sir Henry Havelock:
Summer Saturdays In Havelock, Nebraska:
The four of us would pile into the car,
with kicks and shoves to get a window seat.
(No Joyo Theater and Hershey bar
if we continued with the hands and feet.)
Mom, pulling money from her purse would say,
"For haircuts. Buy yourselves a soda pop,
then get back over to the IGA."
We barreled into Smitty's Barbershop
and in succession occupied the chair,
while old men gummed cigars and chewed the fat.
Though we were apt to squirm we didn't dare
for fear the hand that clipped would stop, and that
a voice behind would hiss "Now listen here,
you move like that again I'll have your ear."
Copyright © 2005 Vaughn Fritts